When you think about where to take your next vacation, there are so many factors that come into play. The first is obviously where you want to go. Once you have that figured out, the next decisions can be split into two that can be interchanged, where to stay and what to do. Luckily for you, we at Penny Realty love helping our clients with both of those. If you are thinking of coming to the Mission Beach or San Diego area, you will quickly see that there are so many things to fill your time with that choosing some may be daunting. Let us help you with our top 5 things to do in Mission Bay.
- Mission Beach Boardwalk– This is a perfect choice of things to do in Mission Bay for so many reasons. One, when you first get here, it’s a great way to get to know the city. The boardwalk is a long, wide walkway that has only a few shops and places but the main attraction is the beach. If you are the type who loves to walk the beach but needs a flat surface to do so, this is an ideal place for you.
- Belmont Park– If you are looking for a place that just has it all in one area, then Belmont Park is a great place to spend an afternoon. They are located on the beach but they also have rides, food, and so much more. First, parking and admission are free so you only pay for what you want to do. Like we mentioned, they have amusement rides as well as water rides to help keep you cool in the warm sun. They also have shopping. Enjoy their surf shop where you can find all the essentials and a gift or two for loved ones. After that, you will most likely be hungry and they have an answer for that as well. Restaurants with ocean view dining are the best way to end your time at Belmont Park.
- Surf Lessons– When you are on the California coast, one thing you must consider doing is signing up for some surf lessons. There is one company we recommend, Surfari, for all of your surfing lessons. They offer lessons for kids and adults alike as well as surf camps and other lessons too like paddle boarding. They have a low student to teacher ratios so you will be sure to get the attention you need.
- Sea World– In almost any large city across the nation, they all have one big attraction. When looking for things to do in Mission Bay, Sea World can come at the top of many lists. It’s no wonder when they have so many great things. See an animal show, go ride on their rides, and of course enjoy the wonderful service at their restaurants. Be sure to stay after the sun sets to see their amazing fireworks show!
- Water Activities– Since you are close to the ocean, you must carve out some time to spend on it. There are so many ways to enjoy the ocean here and is always one of the top things to do in Mission Bay. The best way to do this would be to look at boat rentals. There is one company that is fantastic, Seaforth Boat Rentals. They offer all kinds of rentals from power boats to sailboats, wave runners to paddle and pedal boats. They have different prices for the length of time for rentals too so be sure to see what they have to fit within your budget.
As you can see, there are so many fun and memorable things to do in Mission Bay and we hope we have helped you sort through some of them to make a list perfect for you. We also hope that we at Penny Realty can help you with the next item, where to stay. We specialize in beach rentals which are the best choice if you plan on staying in the area for a long length of time or if you have a group coming with you. Contact us today and let us help you plan your next trip to our San Diego beaches.