Are you looking for a great outdoor activity to enjoy on your next San Diego vacation? If so, rent a bicycle and head to the Mission Bay Bike Path. Whether you go for a walk, run, or bike ride, this paved 12-mile loop that runs almost completely around the bay is the perfect place to spend an afternoon. You’ll enjoy San Diego’s incredible weather, beautiful scenery, and more!
If you are planning a visit to the Greater San Diego area, including Mission and Pacific Beach, you should definitely consider downloading our FREE San Diego Travel Guide!
12 Reasons to Explore the Mission Bay Bike Path
There are so many great reasons to explore the Mission Bay Bike Path and it is hard to narrow down the list. When you hit the trail, we feel certain you will find even more things to love about this gem on the San Diego shore. Nonetheless, here are 12 great reasons to explore the bike path on your next Mission Bay vacation:
- It’s not just for biking. Runners and walkers also frequent the trail.
- The smooth pavement and flat route offer an easy to navigate ride for visitors of all activity and ability levels.
- The scenery along the path is spectacular. You’ll find fabulous views featuring vibrant green grass, sandy shores, waterfront sections, and plenty of California palms swaying in the breeze.
- It offers a quiet escape from summer beach crowds and the hustle and bustle of downtown San Diego.
- The path connects visitors to 10 different Mission Bay public parks and two wildlife reserves.
- SeaWorld San Diego, Belmont Park, and the Wave House are also along the route.
- Except for a few small sections, the path is vehicle free.
- It’s easy to extend your adventure beyond the 12-mile path. You can go further by exploring along the San Diego River or the Mission Beach/Pacific Beach boardwalk.
- There are plenty of areas to stop for a photo op and a picnic.
- Or, you can stop at Sportsmen’s Seafood near Quivira Way for a delicious seafood lunch.
- There is plenty of parking nearby if you want to drive to the bike path.
- It’s a convenient and nearby destination for visitors staying at on the bay or at the beach during their San Diego vacation
Bike Rentals Near Mission Beach
Do you want to explore the Mission Bay Bike Path, but don’t want the hassle of bringing a bike with you on vacation? Not a problem! There are several excellent bike rental options right here at the beach. When you arrive for your vacation, simply pop in to pick up a bike for an hour, day, or the whole week! You’ll find a great selection of bike rentals at:
Visit San Diego and Stay at the Beach with Penny Realty!
At Penny Realty, you’ll find excellent San Diego vacation rental properties just minutes from the Mission Bay Bike Path! Our vacation rental properties are ideal for any size group and range from intimate bungalows to spectacular large family homes. Regardless of the home-away-from-home you choose, you’ll find luxurious accommodations conveniently located near all the best things to do in the area. Browse our vacation rentals today to find the perfect fit. Then, contact us! We’d love to help you plan your next seaside escape to San Diego. We can’t wait to welcome you here!
Photo credit: Getty Images / ferlistockphoto